Sunday, July 15, 2018

Simon Le Bon

I debated whether to post anything about last week's allegation against Simon Le Bon. I haven't responded to any threads on Facebook groups or on message boards. But because I have a blog that's focused on Duran Duran, I will write but not promote a post that will be available to visitors to the blog, whether they are here to read about Duran or one of the many other bands we follow.

Duran's official Facebook page posted Simon's response to the allegation, as follows:

"I have read the statement which Ms. Hariri posted yesterday on Facebook about a record signing 23 years ago at Wherehouse in L.A.

"The behavior that Ms. Hariri has accused me of, would have been just as inappropriate and unacceptable to me then as it is today. But the allegation is simply untrue.

"When Ms. Hariri first contacted me about her claim months ago, I proposed meeting with her in person so I could set the record straight. Instead, she has decided to pursue this publicly.

"I have always been one who can admit my mistakes and apologize for my failings. But I cannot apologize for something I did not do."

I choose to take Simon's word for it.

Some have shared worries about the effects of the woman's allegation on Duran's career. Duran plans to spend much of the next year or so mostly out of the spotlight regardless, with 40th anniversary activities commencing in 2019-2020. I hope that by then, this, too, will pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment